Man set to appear in court after stabbing incident
Suspect in wounding case facing two charges
A MAN who suffered puncture wounds to his back when he was attacked in his home is on the road to recovery.
The 39-year-old from Eldefield, Letchworth was hurt during a dispute with another man between 5.15 and 5.30pm last Thursday.
He was rushed to hospital and on Friday was described as being in a stable condition but he has now been released.
Police officers, some of them armed, rushed to the scene after the alarm was raised and cordoned off part of the street. A police helicopter was brought in to help in the search for the attacker.
You may also want to watch:
But it was not until this morning (Wednesday) that they were able to reveal that a man had been arrested and charged with causing grievous bodily harm and affray.
James Gillan, 54, of Eldefield was due to appear at Hatfield Remand Court as the Comet went to press this afternoon.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years