Man’s anger at state of roads
A MAN has hit out at a council for providing what he claims are sub-standard roads. Sean Kelly of Ellis Avenue is so concerned about the state of Stevenage s roads he has written to MP Barbara Follett. He said Aldock Road is a good example. It has been
A MAN has hit out at a council for providing what he claims are "sub-standard" roads.
Sean Kelly of Ellis Avenue is so concerned about the state of Stevenage's roads he has written to MP Barbara Follett.
He said Aldock Road is a good example. It has been re-laid in the past four months but, according to Mr Kelly, is already falling apart. He said Lawrence Avenue is also full of pot holes.
"We pay so much tax but we have to put up with sub-standard roads. I think it is disgusting. We are paying so much but being ripped off. The state of the roads also damages our cars.
You may also want to watch:
"I have lived in Stevenage for six years and I have never known a town like it. All the roads are in a poor state."
Mrs Follett said: "I share Mr Kelly's concerns about some of the roads in Stevenage. I receive many letters every week about them. I have recently written to Hertfordshire County Council. I will continue to push the council to get more done, and faster."
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 8 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
A Hertfordshire County Council spokesman said: "The council has agreed to invest an additional £10 million in the forthcoming financial year to improve the county's road network.
"Many roads in Stevenage will be funded by the original budget, while further roads will be improved through the new funding."
Roads set to be improved are:
Brook Hill, Newton Road, Wisden Road, Chells Way, Hertford Road, Holly Leys, Shephall View, Symonds Green Lane, Vallansgate, Almonds Lane, Angle Ways, Broad Oak Way, Burwell Road, Collenswood Road, Dovedale, Edison Road, Eliot Road, Fallowfield, Gonville Crescent, Green Acres, Kymswell Road, Lismore, Long Leaves, Monkswood Way/Roaring Meg, Oakwood Close, The Paddocks, Tye End, Webb Rise, Wychdell, Bragbury Lane, Watton Road in Knebworth, Bandley Rise, Bridge Road,
Brunel Road, Elbow Lane, Grace Way services, Haycroft Road, Julians Road, Leslie Close, Lonsdale Road, Manor View, Pepsal End, Sissons Close and Telford Avenue.