Man robbed at knife point in Hitchin park
A MAN was robbed at knife point at a park on Friday.
The victim, who was on his way to work, had taken some money from a cash machine earlier that day.
He was sitting down in Ransomes Recreation Ground in Hitchin between 9.15pm and 9.30pm counting his money, when a man came and asked him for a cigarette.
After the victim obliged, the offender pulled out a kitchen knife and asked for the victim’s money. The offender then ran off – probably in the direction of Redoubt Close.
DC Steve Cook who is leading the investigation said: “A crime like this has a huge impact on the victim. Not only was the victim’s money stolen, but he was threatened with a knife.
You may also want to watch:
“I am appealing to anybody who has any information to contact us immediately.”
The offender is described as a white man, in his late 20s, 5’7” tall, and of average build.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
At the time of the offence, he was wearing a plain black hooded top with a large drawstring hood and plain black jeans.
Anyone with information is asked to call the non – emergency number 101, quoting the crime reference number G1/12/1897.