Man rescued from Stevenage flat fire

A MAN was rescued from a smoke-logged flat in Stevenage on Saturday.

Three fire crews were sent to a first floor flat on Blakeney Road after reports of smoke shortly before 3pm.

Firefighters led a man to safety as colleagues dealt with food that had been left cooking unattended.

The man was uninjured.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter