Man rescued from Letchworth flat fire

A MAN has been taken to hospital after a fire broke out in his flat this afternoon (Thursday).

The emergency services were alerted at 12.47pm to a blaze in a second floor flat above the Candy Corner newsagents in Leys Avenue.

A man was led to safety by firefighters and has been taken to Lister Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

The fire, which is believed to be accidental, was out at 1.19pm.

Two fire engines from Baldock and Letchworth GC and one from Hitchin attended the incident.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter