Man remains seriously ill after rave
FOUR men were taken ill, two seriously, during a rave at the disused Omnipak factory in Eldon Way, Biggleswade. Police and paramedics went to the factory at 6am on Sunday after several 999 calls about noise from local residents and one saying a man had collapsed.
FOUR men were taken ill, two seriously, during a rave at the disused Omnipak factory in Eldon Way, Biggleswade.
Police and paramedics went to the factory at 6am on Sunday after several 999 calls about noise from local residents and one saying a man had collapsed.
A 19-year-old youth from Brighton had collapsed with convulsions and now remains critically ill but stable in Lister Hospital.
Another man also remains in Lister Hospital where he was spoken to by detectives. Two others are in Milton Keynes General Hospital having gone there last night complaining of feeling ill after attending the rave at Biggleswade. One of these men is in intensive care and the other is described as stable to well.
You may also want to watch:
The men were found to be suffering from the affects of drugs feared to be the little known DO9 or DO1 and taken in tablet form.
Police are now appealing to those who attended the rave and took any drugs to contact them immediately because they might need urgent medical help.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
They also want to speak to anyone who bought drugs at the rave.
The 250 people who turned up at the rave had already been kicked out of a factory earlier in the evening at a similar event in Milton Keynes that had been broken up by Thames Valley Police.
Anyone with information about the rave should contact Det Insp Mark Lay on 01234 841212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.