Man left with fractured skull after Stevenage assault
A MAN has been hospitalised with a fractured skull after being assaulted in Stevenage Old Town on Sunday night.
The incident took place near the White Lion pub, where a group of two men and two females became involved in an argument with two other men.
One of the men in the group got punched in the face, which caused him to fall to the floor.
The man, who is in his early 30s and from Stevenage, fractured his skull and is still in Lister Hospital receiving treatment.
“This was serious assault and I am sure there were people who would have seen it,” said DC Mark Dunford.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to appeal to anyone who was in the Old Town that evening and believes they may have seen this take place to contact me at the earliest opportunity.”
A 34-year-old man from Stevenage has been arrested on suspicion of GBH and has been released on police bail while enquiries continue.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 5 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 9 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 10 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
Anyone with further information can call DC Dunford via the non-emergency number on 0845 33 00 222 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.