Man left with fractured skull after Stevenage assault
A MAN has been hospitalised with a fractured skull after being assaulted in Stevenage Old Town on Sunday night.
The incident took place near the White Lion pub, where a group of two men and two females became involved in an argument with two other men.
One of the men in the group got punched in the face, which caused him to fall to the floor.
The man, who is in his early 30s and from Stevenage, fractured his skull and is still in Lister Hospital receiving treatment.
“This was serious assault and I am sure there were people who would have seen it,” said DC Mark Dunford.
“I would like to appeal to anyone who was in the Old Town that evening and believes they may have seen this take place to contact me at the earliest opportunity.”
A 34-year-old man from Stevenage has been arrested on suspicion of GBH and has been released on police bail while enquiries continue.
- 1 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 2 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 3 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 4 Decision on controversial Lord Lister application deferred
- 5 Permanent parking loss if outdoor seating plans approved
- 6 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 7 Hitchin Lavender named the most Instagrammed floral location in UK
- 8 Stevenage school in 'area of huge deprivation' wins national award
- 9 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 10 Hertfordshire businesses honoured in Muddy Stilettos Awards 2022
Anyone with further information can call DC Dunford via the non-emergency number on 0845 33 00 222 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.