Man left with broken jaw after brutal attack in Stevenage Old Town
- Credit: Archant
A 19-year-old man was left with a broken jaw after being brutally attacked outside a pub in Stevenage Old Town.
The attack happened on High Street near the Drapers Arms pub on Sunday, April 30.
The 19-year-old victim was approached by two men who punched him in the face and knocked him to the ground before kicking his upper body and face.
He suffered a broken jaw and injuries to his elbow and face and had to be taken to Stevenage’s Lister Hospital for treatment.
He is now recovering at home.
You may also want to watch:
A 22-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of GBH but has since been released as investigations continue.
Detective Constable Hayden Coggins, who is investigating the assault, said: “This was a particularly nasty attack in which the victim has been left with significant injuries.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
“I would urge anyone who witnessed what happened, or has further information that could help the investigation, to please come forward and speak to me as soon as possible. You may have vital evidence.”
If you have any information that could assist the investigation, contact Herts police on 101 quoting crime reference E1/17/3499 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.