Man left unconscious by ‘callous’ attack
Police want to speak to these three men in connection with a late-night assault that left a man unconscious.
British Transport officers released the CCTV image after a 25-year-old was attacked at Stevenage rail station on Sunday April 17.
The victim had been out with his girlfriend at Liquid Nightclub in the town where he became involved in an argument with three men, investigating officer Dc Gerry Griffin said.
“Upon leaving the nightclub, the victim made his way to the station in order to go home and came across two of the men from earlier in the evening. An altercation took place and both men set upon the victim, knocking him to the floor and leaving him unconscious.”
The two men then made off along Lytton Way in the direction of the town centre.
The victim was taken to Lister Hospital for treatment.
Dc Griffin added: “This was a particularly nasty attack on a man who was simply trying to make his way home.
- 1 11-year-old boy 'seriously injured' after e-scooter and car crash
- 2 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 3 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 4 Crowds gather to mark Armed Forces Day in Letchworth
- 5 Programme of one-off summer workshops at The Settlement
- 6 Lights stolen in Baldock burglary
- 7 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 8 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 9 Avid quizmaster raising funds for rape and sexual assault support service
- 10 Stevenage woman, 52, accused of wounding 91-year-old in her own home
“This kind of callous and violent behaviour is simply not acceptable and I am urging anyone who witnessed the incident or who recognises the men pictured, the come forward.”
Anyone with information is asked to call British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference B11/LNA of 11/05/2011, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.