Man killed in Hitchin traffic collision
A MOTORCYCLIST has died after colliding with a lorry near Hitchin this morning.
The 41-year-old Luton man was in a collision with the vehicle on the B655 Hexton Road, just before Hexton, and suffered injuries which proved fatal at the scene.
It happened at around 11.45am. The driver of the lorry was uninjured.
Pc Kevin Sloan, from the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Roads Policing Unit, said: “This is a very sad incident and our thoughts are with the man’s family at this difficult time.
“I would really like to speak with anyone who may have seen this incident occur, or who believes they may have seen the motorcyclist riding from Barton-Le-Clay towards Hexton.”
You may also want to watch:
Ambulance crews from Letchworth and Kempston attended the scene.
Spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “First and foremost our thoughts are firmly with the man’s family at this tragic time.”
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term
“Sadly, after everyone’s best efforts at the scene, the man was pronounced dead shortly after by paramedics. I would like to pass on our sincere thanks to the two members of public who gave first aid to the man before our arrival, their help was very much appreciated.”
Anyone with information on the collision is asked to call Pc Sloan via the non-emergency police number 101.