Man killed in A1(M) crash near Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
A man has died in a crash on the A1(M) this morning which closed the motorway and caused traffic chaos.
A police spokeswoman told the Comet: “Sadly a man has died as a result of the collision on the A1(M) this morning.
“We won’t be releasing any further details at this stage, at the request of the family.”
The motorway was shut northbound between Junction 6 for Welwyn and Junction 7 for Stevenage after the crash, which took place shortly before 6am.
The road has now been fully reopened.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking earlier, a police spokesman said: “It looks like there’s one vehicle which has left the road and had a collision.
“We’ve closed the road northbound and it’s caused significant tailbacks.”
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 7 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 8 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 9 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 10 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
Police have asked any witnesses to the collision, or anyone who saw a black Vauxhall Astra in the area beforehand to call the non-emergency 101 number.