Man injured during burglary
POLICE are appealing for information and witnesses after an aggravated burglary in Hitchin yesterday morning (Tuesday).The incident occurred at around 6am at a house on Russell s Slip. Four men forced entry to the property and threatened the male occupa
POLICE are appealing for information and witnesses after an aggravated burglary in Hitchin yesterday morning (Tuesday).
The incident occurred at around 6am at a house on Russell's Slip.
Four men forced entry to the property and threatened the male occupant. He was assaulted during the incident and sustained slight injuries to his head and thigh.
The men then stole his motorbike, a blue and white Suzuki, and made off. The motorbike was later recovered on the southbound carriageway of the A1 motorway between junctions 2 and 1, where it was believed to have run out of fuel, and the offender ran off.
The driver of the motorcycle was described as wearing a black raincoat and a black crash helmet.
Detective Sergeant Phoebe Butfoy, investigating, said: "This is a serious incident and crimes of this nature are few and far between for Hitchin and North Herts.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 3 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 4 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 5 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 9 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 10 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
"We are trying to establish exactly what happened and are appealing to anyone who believes they may have witnessed suspicious activity on Russell's Slip around the time of the offence, or who believes they saw the offender(s) driving from Hitchin to where the bike was recovered on the A1, to call police immediately.
"If you believe you have information, please contact me via the non emergency number 0845 3300222, quoting crime reference G1/09/623. You can also call Crimestoppers, the independent charity, anonymously on 0800 555 111.