Man in hospital with stab wounds following late-night Hitchin assault now in ‘critical but stable’ condition
- Credit: Archant
The victim of an apparent stabbing in Hitchin last night is now in a ‘critical but stable’ condition in hospital, a police spokesman has said.
The man in his 30s was taken to hospital with what police initially called ‘life-threatening’ stab wounds following a serious assault in Fishponds Road shortly before 2am this morning.
No arrests have yet been made. A cordon remains in place by the corner with Bunyan Road, and officers are advising members of the public to avoid the area.
Det Insp Tom Leeks said earlier: “Officers are working hard to establish exactly what has happened in the early hours of this morning, and enquiries are ongoing to locate the offender or offenders.”
Anyone with information that could help the investigation should contact police on 101.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively you can give information anonymously by calling Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111, or using their anonymous online form at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus