Man in hospital with serious injuries following Stevenage house explosion
- Credit: Archant
A man is in hospital being treated for serious injuries following a house explosion in Stevenage last night.
Emergency services were called to Cavell Walk at about 9.20pm after several members of the public reported a huge fire.
The fire has been put out, but crews remain on the scene to dampen down the property, while a road closure is still in place at Cavell Walk.
The man living in the house was taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage to be treated for serious injuries, and the family living in the house next door have been evacuated.
The cause of the fire is being treated as ‘unexplained’, but a possible gas leak is a line of enquiry.
You may also want to watch:
It is anticipated that emergency services will be at the scene for at least three hours.
The police have said they are unable to comment further at this stage but have advised members of public to avoid the area.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go