Man in hospital with ‘life-threatening’ stab wounds after serious late-night assault in Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 30s is in hospital with ‘life-threatening’ stab wounds following a serious assault in Hitchin last night.
The assault happened in Fishponds Road in the early hours of this morning, with police called at 1.53am. A police spokesman described the man’s injuries as ‘life-threatening’.
No arrests have been made yet. A cordon remains in place by the corner with Bunyan Road, and officers are advising members of the public to avoid the area.
Det Insp Tom Leeks said: “Officers are working hard to establish exactly what has happened in the early hours of this morning, and enquiries are ongoing to locate the offender or offenders.
“As part of the investigation, Fishponds Road has been cordoned off and we are urging members of the public to avoid the area. I would like to thank you for your co-operation and patience at this time.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information that could help the investigation should contact police on 101.
Alternatively you can give information anonymously by calling Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111, or using their anonymous online form at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 8 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 9 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 10 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round