Man in critical condition after Letchworth assault
POLICE have launched an appeal for witnesses after a man was left in a critical condition following an assault in Letchworth GC last night (Tuesday).
A man in his forties was seriously assaulted by up to three offenders who then made off from the scene, in Howard Gardens on Norton Way South at around 7.20pm.
The injured man was taken to Lister Hospital with serious head injuries and is currently in a critical but stable condition.
A police cordon remains in place at the scene while investigations continue.
Investigating officer det insp Kay Lancaster said: “This is a very rare incident for the local area and we are currently following a line of enquiry that this was not a random attack.
You may also want to watch:
“I am appealing for anyone who was in the Howard Park area around the time of the incident and saw anything suspicious to get in contact.
“The injured man had been in the Three Magnets pub prior to the incident and I am therefore also interested in speaking to anyone who was in the pub last night and saw anything unusual.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 3 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 9 'Black history should be celebrated every month, not just in October'
- 10 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
“Any information you can provide, no matter how insignificant it may seem, could help us to solve this crime.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on the non-emergency number 0845 33 00 222 or the Local Crime Unit at Hitchin on 01462 757544.