Man in critical condition after attack in Stevenage house
- Credit: Archant
A man is in a critical condition in hospital after being attacked in a house on Friday night.
The 52-year-old man was rushed to Lister Hospital in Stevenage with serious head injuries at about 9.45pm and remains in an induced coma.
Paramedics and police were called to a house in Foxfields in Shephall after reports of an altercation.
They arrested one man, Gary Cox, on suspicion of assault.
The 48-year-old, of Foxfield, is appearing at Hatfield Remand Court today charged with GBH with intent.
You may also want to watch:
A 49-year-old woman was also arrested and remains in police custody.
A spokesman for Herts police said: “As this is an on going investigation it would be inappropriate for us to comment any further at this time.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 10 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?