Man in a stable condition after being attacked
A residential road was cordoned off by police after a man was hurt in an attack at his home.
Police rushed to a quiet residential road at just before 5.30pm yesterday (Thursday) after a man was attacked.
Part of Eldefield in Letchworth GC was cordoned off as officers, some of them armed, began an investigation.
The victim, who is in his late 30s, was taken to hospital for treatment to an injury to his back. Police described his condition as “stable”.
Neighbours at the scene last night believed that the injured man had been stabbed during an argument with another man.
The attacker, who is known to the victim, ran off after the assault and police were searching for him with the assistance of a police helicopter.
- 1 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 2 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 3 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 4 Pick up your new look Comet every Thursday
- 5 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 6 Closure order granted for Hitchin flat after anti-social behaviour
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 9 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 10 Stevenage health lead 'appalled' as Lister stroke unit is downgraded again