Man hurt in unprovoked attack in Stevenage wine bar
WITNESSES and information are being sought by police after a man was assaulted at a bar in Stevenage on Saturday. It happened at Bottles Wine Bar on Middle Row at 12.10am. It is believed a 43-year-old man was walking through the bar when he was punched in
WITNESSES and information are being sought by police after a man was assaulted at a bar in Stevenage on Saturday.
It happened at Bottles Wine Bar on Middle Row at 12.10am.
It is believed a 43-year-old man was walking through the bar when he was punched in the face, in what is believed to be an unprovoked attack.
The man fell unconscious and was taken to Lister Hospital where he received treatment for injuries to his face.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Laura Talbot, investigating, said: "This incident took place in a busy bar where there was a large gathering of people and I am appealing to anyone who believes they may have witnessed this assault to contact me as soon as possible.
"If you have any information please contact me via the non-emergency number on 0845 33 00 222 quoting crime reference E1/09/4947.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
"Alternatively, you can call Crimestoppers, the independent charity, on 0800 555 111. Your information, however minor, could prove vital to the investigation."
A 50-year-old man from Hitchin has been arrested in connection with the incident. He is currently on police bail until mid-August.