Man hospitalised after Hitchin shed fire
A MAN has been hospitalised with burns following a shed fire in Hitchin on Saturday after reportedly “trying to rescue his chickens”.
Two fire engines from Hitchin attended the blaze at a property in Bearton Road after receiving the call at 9.45pm.
A paramedic response car from Letchworth GC also attended the scene.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “We believe the man was trying to rescue his chickens which were trapped in the fire when he sustained burns to his hands.
“Following treatment by a paramedic, he was taken to the Lister Hospital in Stevenage.”
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire, which had been put out by 10.16pm, is not yet known.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 7 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 8 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 9 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 10 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair