Man hospitalised after flat blaze

A man was hospitalised after fire broke out in a Stevenage flat early this morning (Tuesday).

The emergency services were called just before 12.30am to a blaze in the kitchen of a flat in Vardon Road.

The fire was out on arrival but two people needed treatment by paramedics at the scene. A man suffering from smoke inhalation was taken to Lister Hospital.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter