Man has clothes stolen during 'callous' robbery in Stevenage
POLICE have described as callous a robbery in which a young man was attacked from behind without warning and some of his clothing was ripped from his body and stolen. It happened near to the bus station and McDonald s in Town Square, Stevenage at around
POLICE have described as "callous" a robbery in which a young man was attacked from behind without warning and some of his clothing was ripped from his body and stolen.
It happened near to the bus station and McDonald's in Town Square, Stevenage at around 1.35am on Easter Sunday.
It is believed the victim, who is a 23-year-old from Biggleswade, was approached from behind by two men and a woman. He received a number of blows to the head and body, before falling to the floor with minor injuries.
His coat and hooded jumper were then taken from him before he ran off in the direction of Matalan in Danestrete.
You may also want to watch:
Dc Neil Davies is investigating and said: "This was a callous robbery where a man was assaulted unexpectedly from behind and parts of his clothing stolen from him.
"I would urge anyone who believes they witnessed the incident or has any information which may help our enquiries to call police via the non-emergency number on 0845 33 00 222 as soon as possible. Alternatively, you can call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111."
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
Five people have been arrested on suspicion of robbery in connection with the incident and have been released on police bail pending further enquiries. They are a 15-year-old boy, two men aged 18 and 30 and two women aged 18 and 23, all from Stevenage.