Man found dead at RAF barracks
- Credit: Archant
A MAN has been found dead in an ornamental pond at a military base.
Martin John Kelleher, a 37-year-old living at the Chicksands Military Barracks, was last seen at the barracks in the early hours of Friday.
Bedfordshire Police were alerted to his disappearance and his body was discovered in the pond at 11.29am on Saturday.
Police have confirmed that his death is not being treated as suspicious.
Mr Kelleher is believed to have been a serviceman at the base.
You may also want to watch:
An inquest was opened on Tuesday and has been adjourned.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes