Man falls to death from motorway bridge
A MAN has died after falling from a bridge on the A1(M).
A DRIVER has been treated for shock after hitting a man who fell from a bridge over the A1(M).
Motorists dialled 999 after seeing the man standing on the wrong side of the safety barrier above the A1(M) between Hitchin and Stevenage at about 12.20am on Saturday.
Police arrived eight minutes later to discover the man had come down, hitting a Nissan Micra being driven by a woman in her twenties.
He was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver was unhurt.
You may also want to watch:
The southbound carriageway was closed until about 5am, while police examined the scene.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 5 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed