Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- Credit: Google Street View
A man has died following an accident on an e-scooter in Stevenage.
The rider, aged in his 50s, was seriously injured when came off the vehicle at the Broadwater Crescent junction with Woodland Way at around 11pm on September 24.
The ambulance service took the man, who had suffered a life-threatening head injury, to hospital, where he died two days later.
Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward with any information.
Sgt Sam Cordingley, of the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit, said: “Our thoughts are with the family of the man who has sadly died in this incident.
“We are looking to establish the circumstances surrounding this collision and would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed it or had seen, or even have dash cam footage, of the man on the e-scooter in the lead up to the incident in the Broadwater Crescent area.
“It is believed that no other vehicle was involved in the incident.
- 1 Bag a bargain for charity! £1.50 per kilo at air ambulance warehouse sale
- 2 New date for Stevenage Marks & Spencer opening
- 3 'No action' after sports pavilions demolished
- 4 Can you help golf star Jack on his professional journey?
- 5 Couple sentenced for theft and fraud after stealing from elderly victims
- 6 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 7 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 8 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 9 Two boys arrested after police helicopter search
- 10 Standalone Farm to reopen with host of activities in time for half term
“In addition, we know several people stopped to assist after the collision and we would like to trace them."
Alternatively, you can stay anonymous by contacting Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via crimestoppers-uk.org.