Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- Credit: Google Street View
A man has died following an accident on an e-scooter in Stevenage.
The rider, aged in his 50s, was seriously injured when came off the vehicle at the Broadwater Crescent junction with Woodland Way at around 11pm on September 24.
The ambulance service took the man, who had suffered a life-threatening head injury, to hospital, where he died two days later.
Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward with any information.
Sgt Sam Cordingley, of the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit, said: “Our thoughts are with the family of the man who has sadly died in this incident.
You may also want to watch:
“We are looking to establish the circumstances surrounding this collision and would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed it or had seen, or even have dash cam footage, of the man on the e-scooter in the lead up to the incident in the Broadwater Crescent area.
“It is believed that no other vehicle was involved in the incident.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 2 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 3 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 7 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
- 8 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 9 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 10 Two jailed for conspiracy to supply cocaine
“In addition, we know several people stopped to assist after the collision and we would like to trace them."
Alternatively, you can stay anonymous by contacting Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via crimestoppers-uk.org.