Man dies in head-on collision
ONE man died and two others were injured after two vehicles collided in Hitchin this morning (Wednesday). Police say the vehicles, a white Ford Transit and a black Vauxhall Signum, collided head on as they travelled along Parkway at 6.11am. The driver of
ONE man died and two others were injured after two vehicles collided in Hitchin this morning (Wednesday).
Police say the vehicles, a white Ford Transit and a black Vauxhall Signum, collided head on as they travelled along Parkway at 6.11am.
The driver of the Vauxhall, a 26-year-old man from Stevenage, died. The driver of the Transit, a man aged 43 from Hitchin, remains in Lister Hospital, Stevenage, with serious injuries.
Another Hitchin man, aged 42, was admitted to Lister Hospital with less serious injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Rush hour traffic almost came to a standstill as Parkway, a main road round Hitchin town centre, was closed for six hours.
"We know that a dark coloured car, possibly a hatchback, was travelling directly behind the Ford Transit when the collision occurred and I would be keen to speak to the driver and any occupants as they could be significant witnesses," said investigating officer Pc Adrian Parke.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 10 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
Anyone who witnessed the tragedy should contact Pc Parke at the eastern area road policing unit on 01438 757655.