Man dies following A505 collision
A MAN has died following a collision on the A505.
Police are appealing for witnessess to come forward after the man, thought to be in his 20s and from Royston, died after being involved in a collision with a car near the Slip End Farm on the A505 near Ashwell.
The incident took place at about 5.30am on Saturday. It is believed the man was walking towards Royston between the two Ashwell junctions, when he was in collision with a Black BMW. A number of vehicles stopped at the scene, however it is believed further cars drove past and may also have been in collision with the victim.
Sergeant Neil Emmerson from the Hertfordshire Police Road Policing Unit said: “My thoughts are with the man’s family at this very distressing time.
“We are carrying out enquiries at the scene of the collision, however we’d like to speak with anyone who drove eastbound on the A505 this morning around the time of the incident at 5.30am or shortly after.
You may also want to watch:
“You may not have realised you had been involved in a collision but we’d like to speak to you as you could greatly assist the investigation.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Sgt Emmerson or the Road Crash Investigation Unit on 101.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years