Man dies after falling ill in town centre
- Credit: Archant
A man has sadly died after falling ill in Letchworth yesterday.
Police were called by the ambulance service at around 1.25pm on Sunday, May 9 to reports that a man had fallen ill in Nevells Road.
Road closures were in place as officers attended and provided initial medical assistance before the ambulance service - including the air ambulance - arrived.
Despite the best efforts of all involved, the man passed away.
The incident is not being treated as suspicious.
The Comet has reached out to the East of England Ambulance Service for comment.
- 1 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 2 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 3 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 4 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 5 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 6 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 7 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
- 8 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 9 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 10 'COVID can't stop us!' - Zimbabwe school fees raised with garden party after Stevenage Day cancelled