Man could lose eye following Hitchin assault
A MAN could lose the sight in his eye, after he was attacked by a gang of men.
The 20-year-old victim was approached by three men, who assaulted him. He was left with several fractures to his left eye socket, which may cause life changing injuries.
It happened in Periwinkle Lane, Hitchin, between 3am and 3.40am last Saturday night (October 13).
Detective Sergeant Pete Hankins from the local crime unit in Hitchin, who is investigating the incident, said: “This was a horrific assault which has resulted in a young man facing a life changing injury as there is a chance he may lose the sight in his left eye.
“I would urge anyone who may have seen anything, or who may have any information at all which could assist our investigation to come forward.”
You may also want to watch:
Two men, both 28 and from Hitchin, have been bailed to return to Stevenage Police station on November 24.
Anyone with information should contact DS Hankins on 101 quoting crime reference number G1/12/2581, or alternatively Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 7 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 8 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
• Are you the victim, or do you know him? The Comet would like to hear your story – call the newsdesk on 01438 866206.