Man could lose eye following Hitchin assault
A MAN could lose the sight in his eye, after he was attacked by a gang of men.
The 20-year-old victim was approached by three men, who assaulted him. He was left with several fractures to his left eye socket, which may cause life changing injuries.
It happened in Periwinkle Lane, Hitchin, between 3am and 3.40am last Saturday night (October 13).
Detective Sergeant Pete Hankins from the local crime unit in Hitchin, who is investigating the incident, said: “This was a horrific assault which has resulted in a young man facing a life changing injury as there is a chance he may lose the sight in his left eye.
“I would urge anyone who may have seen anything, or who may have any information at all which could assist our investigation to come forward.”
Two men, both 28 and from Hitchin, have been bailed to return to Stevenage Police station on November 24.
Anyone with information should contact DS Hankins on 101 quoting crime reference number G1/12/2581, or alternatively Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Recap: Wire damage disrupts Hitchin and Peterborough trains
- 2 Residents show 'strong support' for TK Maxx relocation plans
- 3 Red panda Tilly gives birth to ‘miracle’ cub at Paradise Wildlife Park one month after passing of partner Nam Pang
- 4 11-year-old left with facial injuries after Stevenage dog attack
- 5 Ashbottom Close 'altercation' leaves man in his 20s with serious injuries
- 6 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 7 Body found in wooded area of Stevenage
- 8 'Hitchin is the only place I've felt accepted'
- 9 Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel until later due to 'incidents'
- 10 Captain uses his head but Stevenage make win over Rochdale harder than it should have been
• Are you the victim, or do you know him? The Comet would like to hear your story – call the newsdesk on 01438 866206.