Man cleared of murder in Chalkey case
One of the two men accused of killing a young father on a Hitchin housing estate has been cleared of murder.
Kyle Holloway, 23, of Wilshere Crescent, Hitchin has been cleared of killing Michael Chalkley, 25, on the Westmill Estate in April on the direction of the judge at Luton Crown Court.
He remains on trial charged with violent disorder in connection to the same incident.
The victim, who was known as Young Buzzer, died close to his home in Bingen Road from a stab wound to the heart in April last year.
Sean Flattery, 21, of Seebohm Close, Hitchin remains charged with his murder. He pleaded not guilty.
You may also want to watch:
Flattery and Holloway, as well as Raymond Small, 21, of Pix Road, Letchworth GC, and Richmond Nkhoma, also 21, of Roxley Court, Willian, are all charged with violent disorder relating to the same incident. They deny the charges.
The hearing continues.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 4 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 9 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 10 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out