Man charged with Stevenage burglaries and theft after successful police appeal
- Credit: Archant
Police have charged a 34-year-old man with burglary and theft after a series of incidents in Stevenage.
Daniel Pateman appeared at Hatfield Remand Court this morning after being arrested on Tuesday, at an address in Shephall Green, Stevenage.
Mr Pateman was charged with two burglary offences and one theft offence. He has been released on conditional bail until August 2, when he will appear at Stevenage Magistrates’ Court.
The charges relate to the theft of a mobile phone in Bittern Close on May 20, and a burglary in Chells Way between June 28 and June 30, in which a Lenovo tablet was stolen.
Mr Pateman was arrested after a successful police appeal in the media to locate him.
You may also want to watch:
Stevenage Chief Inspector Tannis Perks said: “I’d like to thank the public who have once again supported their local police in tracing an individual we have wanted to speak to in relation to a number of offences, which were reported to us and of concern to local residents.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 4 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 7 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 9 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 10 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home