Man charged with murder of second cousin shot on Stevenage traveller site
- Credit: Archant
A man who has been charged with the murder of his second cousin is due to appear in court this morning (Thursday).
John Boy Ward is due before Hatfield Remand Court after being charged with the murder of Thomas Ward yesterday.
The 33-year-old, of Clarkson Court in Hatfield, was extradited back to the UK after being found by police near Copenhagen in Denmark on February 6.
His 21-year-old wife, Joleen Josie Ward, has already appeared in court charged with assisting an offender and has been remanded in custody.
The charges follow the death of 21-year-old Thomas Ward, who was shot as he came out of his caravan in Dyes Lane. Stevenage, on April 23 last year.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage where he died as a result of his injuries – five days after he had become a father for the first time.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction