Man charged in connection with assault after woman dragged by hair in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged in connection with an alleged assault in Stevenage, after a woman was reportedly dragged by her hair and punched in the face.
Shane Hill, 21, from Rosebery Avenue in Tottenham, London, has been charged with assault and threats to kill, after a woman in her 20s was attacked on Saturday, March 23.
At around 5.15am, the woman was reportedly dragged by her hair and pushed down Wisden Road by a male attacker.
He then punched her in the head and body, leaving her with bruising and swelling, while also making threats to her at a property in nearby Jessop Road.
Mr Hill is set to appear at St Albans Crown Court on April 23, for a pre-trial hearing.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Natalie Greenaway said: “I would like to reassure the public that this is an isolated incident. I am appealing directly to two men who may have also been assaulted or threatened by the man before this incident.”
If you have any information, contact Det Con Greenaway on email@example.com, report online at herts.police.uk/Report or call the non-emergency number 101, quoting reference 41/26872/19.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or report online at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 8 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death