Man arrested on suspicion on murder after 29-year-old dies in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after another man died in Stevenage during the early hours of New Year’s Eve.
Police were called to Cheviot Way – in the Great Ashby area of the town – after reports that a 29-year-old man had been taken ill at one of the houses in the street at about 1.20am on December 31.
He was taken to hospital by ambulance and died shortly after.
A police spokesman said the death is being treated as ‘unexplained’ and another man, known to the victim, has since been arrested on suspicion of murder.
The 40-year-old from Brent Cross in London has been released on bail and is due to return to Stevenage Police Station on February 26.
You may also want to watch:
Investigations continue and anyone with information can call police on 101.
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal