Man arrested on suspicion of armed robbery at Hitchin jewellers
DETECTIVES have arrested a man in connection with an armed robbery which happened in Hitchin three months ago, it was revealed today (Monday).The robbery happened at Glenray Jewellers on Market Place on July 17. It is believed two masked men entered the
DETECTIVES have arrested a man in connection with an armed robbery which happened in Hitchin three months ago, it was revealed today (Monday).
The robbery was at Glenray Jewellers on Market Place on July 17.
It is believed two masked men entered the store and threatened staff with a sledgehammer before making off with a number of jewellery items.
A 28-year-old man from St Albans has been arrested on suspicion of robbery. He has been released on police bail pending further enquiries and is due to report back to officers on November 2.
You may also want to watch:
Police continue an appeal for information in relation to the incident and ask anyone who has information which could help the investigation to contact DS Ellis via the non-emergency number 0845 33 00 22 or alternatively Crimestoppers in confidence on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 6 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style