Man arrested in connection with brawl outside Letchworth pub
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm following a brawl outside a Letchworth pub.
Police are appealing for witnesses today following an assault which took place outside The Colonnade in the early hours of Sunday morning.
At about 1.50am, a pair of men became involved in a fight, which resulted in two more men joining the scuffle and one of the original men falling to the floor.
The three men together then began to attack the man on the floor.
The injured man was taken to the Lister Hospital in Stevenage for treatment and was later discharged.
A 38-year-old man from Letchworth – who was arrested in connection with the assault – has been released on bail and is due to return to Stevenage Police Station on October 5, pending further police enquiries.
Investigating officer Det Con Ben Dixon said: “I am appealing for anyone who was in the area at the time and saw the incident take place to please get in contact as soon as possible.
- 1 Magpas Air Ambulance lands in Letchworth amid 'medical emergency'
- 2 Stevenage PE teacher's charity run after leg amputation
- 3 9 things to do on a day trip to Hitchin, Hertfordshire
- 4 Old Town Live organisers 'overwhelmed by response'
- 5 'Expect delays' during week-long gas works at Stevenage roundabout
- 6 Summer Sand pit opens in Stevenage
- 7 Man treated for broken jaw following Hitchin assault
- 8 Dog owner's grass seed warning after pet paralysed
- 9 Hertfordshire 'extreme heat' amber warning as temperature set to soar
- 10 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
“In particular I am looking to identify the other two men involved in the attack.
“Any information you provide, no matter how seemly insignificant, could help with my enquiries.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det Con Dixon via the non-emergency number 101. Alternatively, you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.