Man arrested and charged with GBH in connection with vicious late night Hitchin assault
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 20s has been arrested and charged in connection with an alleged assault which took place in Hitchin.
The victim, a man in his 50s, was taken to the Lister Hospital in Stevenage for treatment after he was discovered with serious injuries in Bancroft at around 2.30am on Saturday, February 11.
He suffered serious injuries including facial and spinal fractures, swelling and bruising.
He was in hospital for more than a week before he was discharged.
Zacharia Seymour, 29, of Garden Row, Hitchin, has been charged with GBH and appeared at Hatfield Remand Court last week.
You may also want to watch:
He was remanded in to custody and is next due to appear at Cambridge Crown Court on March 23.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'