Man arrested after allegedly assaulting off-duty police officer outsider Hitchin pub
- Credit: Archant
An off-duty policeman arrested a man for allegedly assaulting him after an incident in a Hitchin pub over the weekend.
Police have charged Brian McGlinchie, 34, from Jubilee Crescent in Wellingborough, with assaulting a police officer outside The Victoria pub in Ickleford Road at around 10pm on Sunday evening.
Between 9.45pm and 9.55pm a man was allegedly seen to hit a car parked on a garage forecourt in Bunyan Road.
The man was approached by two off-duty officers who asked him to stop.
It is alleged that the man become aggressive and was then detained to prevent further incidents occurring. It is then alleged the man then struck out at the officers.
You may also want to watch:
Mr McGlinchie has been bailed to return Stevenage Magistrates’ Court next month.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision