Man appears on Jeremy Kyle after hiding in wardrobe to catch girlfriend out in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
A MAN who hid in a wardrobe for 10 hours in an attempt to catch his girlfriend cheating has appeared on The Jeremy Kyle Show.
Lewis Kendrick, 22, appeared on the talk show after he became suspicious of his girlfriend at a house party in Stevenage and pretended to leave before climbing into the bedroom wardrobe.
His girlfriend eventually came to the bedroom with another man. While the other man did make advances towards her, she rejected him and the pair slept through the night, all while her boyfriend stayed hidden.
Mr Kendrick, from Stevenage, said: “When I confronted her, she called me a weirdo and said it was none of my business. It was my idea to go on The Jeremy Kyle Show so we could sort out our problems. We live quite near each other so there was no way of avoiding the issue.”
Although initially unenthusiastic, Mr Kendrick managed to persuade his girlfriend to appear on the programme.
You may also want to watch:
While they were not paid for their appearance on Jeremy Kyle, the pair were provided with a free taxi to the show’s Manchester studios, a night in a nearby Ramada Inn hotel and £20 to spend on food and drink.
Speaking to the Comet after the broadcast, Mr Kendrick said: “I didn’t watch it, I didn’t want to. In a lot of ways we didn’t get what we wanted out of it. We had people calling us losers and asking what we were doing, but it’s down to us to handle our problems how we want to.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 3 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 4 Council criticised for 'shoddy' underpass paint job
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 7 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 8 Glimpses of the past: Exploring Hitchin from 1910 - 1950
- 9 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 10 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
The couple have since got back together.