Man, 78, robbed in Stevenage Poundland
- Credit: Archant
AN INVESTIGATION has been launched after an elderly man was robbed while shopping in a discount store.
A 78-year-old man was surrounded by three men in Poundland at 2.30pm last Tuesday, April 2, who stole bank cards after putting their arms around the victim.
The man realised the cards had been taken after leaving the store in Stevenage town centre.
The police have said all of the offenders have been described as Asian.
One of the men had a beard, was between 5ft 7in to 5ft 9in tall and was in his early to mid 40s, while another has been described as in his mid 20s to early 30s.
The incident is being investigated by police who are asking any witnesses to come forward.
If you have information call non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 2 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 5 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 6 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 7 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 8 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service
- 9 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 10 Stevenage-built spacecraft in risky Earth flyby