Man, 29, threatened with a knife in Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
A 29-YEAR-OLD man was threatened with a knife, punched and spat at in Letchworth GC.
The incident happened at around 1.15am on Station Way, on Saturday (May 18).
The victim, who was walking along Station Way was beckoned over by a man, who was standing bent over, as though he was in pain.
When the victim went to his aide he was approached from behind by two men.
One of the men produced a knife and threatened him.
You may also want to watch:
The other man then searched the victim and took his cash and an iPod before punching him and spitting at him.
All three men then walked away from the victim laughing.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
The first offender has been described as a black male in his 20s, 5ft 6inch and was wearing a red baseball cap, which has a black diamante pattern on it. He was also wearing a white hoodie.
The second offender has been described in his 20s between 5ft 6inch and 5ft 8inch.
Detective sergeant Pete Hankins, who is investigating the incident, said: “This was a despicable and audacious robbery and we are determined to catch those responsible. I would urge anyone who may have seen these three men, prior to or after the incident, or who may know who they are to get in touch with police immediately.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact DS Hankins on 101 quoting crime reference number: G2/13/882, or alternatively Crimestoppers, the independent charity on 0800 555 111.