Man, 23, charged over Stevenage alleyway stabbing
- Credit: Archant
A 23-year-old man has been charged in connection with an assault in a Stevenage alleyway which left the victim requiring surgery after being hit on the head and repeatedly stabbed.
Munyaradazi Matengenzara, of Jessop Road in the town, has been charged with GBH – wounding with intent, after a 21-year-old man was assaulted in an alleyway in Archer Road, close to the shops, at about 12.15am on Friday.
It is believed he was struck on the head by a group of men and stabbed a number of times in what is thought to have been a targeted attack.
The man’s injuries were not believed to be life threatening but required surgery, a spokeswoman said on the afternoon of the assault.
Mr Matengenxara has appeared before Hatfield Remand Court and has been released on conditional bail.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact DI Chris Treadwell via the Herts police non-emergency number 101 or report information online at www.herts.police.uk/report quoting crime reference E1/17/10428.
Alternatively, you can contact the independent crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org. No personal details are taken, information cannot be traced or recorded and you will never need to go to court.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 3 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 6 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 7 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'