Man, 22, remanded in custody after appearing in court on attempted murder charge over alleged Letchworth hit-and-run
- Credit: Archant
A 22-year-old charged with attempted murder for allegedly running over a man has been remanded in custody after appearing in court today.
Joseph Thomas, 42, of Mayville Road, Ilford, Essex, was charged on Sunday with attempted murder and dangerous driving following an incident in Dunlin, Letchworth, shortly after 9.30am on Saturday.
He was remanded in custody at Hatfield Magistrates Court to appear at Cambridge Crown Court on Wednesday.
The victim was left with serious injuries to his legs. Police acted on reports he had been struck by a vehicle which had left the scene by the time they arrived.
After a wider police search, Mr Thomas was arrested in the Great Ashby area of Stevenage and a Ford Focus car was recovered nearby.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the incident should contact police on the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction