Man, 21, requires surgery after being repeatedly stabbed in Stevenage alleyway
- Credit: Archant
A 21-year-old will require surgery after being hit on the head and repeatedly stabbed in a Stevenage alleyway during the early hours of yesterday morning.
The man was walking along an alleyway in Archer Road – near to the shops – at approximately 12.15am when he was assaulted by three men, who struck him on the head and stabbed him a number of times. His injuries are not thought to be life threatening.
The offenders, who made off from the scene, are all described as black males dressed in dark clothing.
Detective Inspector Chris Treadwell, who is investigating, said: “Luckily the victim’s injuries are not thought to be serious, however he will require surgery on the stab wounds.
“I would like to reassure the community that the incident is not thought to be random and I am appealing for anyone who might have seen what happened or seen the offenders running away from the scene to get in touch.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact DI Chris Treadwell via the Herts police non-emergency number 101 or report information online at www.herts.police.uk/report quoting crime reference E1/17/10428.
Alternatively, you can contact the independent crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org. No personal details are taken, information cannot be traced or recorded and you will never need to go to court.
- 1 Man dies after falling ill in town centre
- 2 Bomb squad called after suspected grenade found in Hitchin
- 3 Pedestrians 'dicing with death' on new zebra crossing
- 4 Stevenage Borough Council: Labour maintains council control, Mayor loses seat and party leader reactions
- 5 Full list of Stevenage results for Local Elections 2021
- 6 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 7 County council elections round-up for Stevenage and North Herts
- 8 What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, May 17?
- 9 Three arrested after two people held against their will
- 10 'A great day had by all' - care home celebrates VE Day