Man, 21, arrested after alleged road rage incident and assault near Stevenage supermarket
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after an alleged road rage incident and assault near a Stevenage supermarket.
Police have launched an appeal for witnesses today following the incident, which took place on Tuesday at around 11.45am at the Monkswood Way traffic lights on the A602.
An argument is said to have started between a male and female driver who both got out of their cars while in the lane which turns into Asda supermarket.
The woman then took a photo of the man’s car, before it is alleged he grabbed her arm and waist in a bid to get her phone while shouting and swearing.
A 21-year-old man from Stevenage has since been arrested on suspicion of common assault, criminal damage and public order offences, and bailed until November 23.
You may also want to watch:
Numerous members of the public are thought to have witnessed the incident and even possibly tried to intervene, with officers keen to speak to anyone in the area at the time who saw what happened.
If you have information contact the Case Intervention Team at Stevenage Police Station on 101, quoting crime reference number E1/15/7005.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn