Man, 20, arrested after alleged Stevenage ‘road rage’ incident
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year-old man from Stevenage has been arrested in connection with an alleged ‘road rage’ incident at the weekend.
Police officers are investigating after two Ford Fiesta drivers twice stopped in Stevenage roads between about 10.30pm and 11pm on Saturday.
The drivers – one in a red Fiesta and the other in a silver model of the car – first stopped at the side of the Martins Way dual carriageway, before one car followed the other into Wedgewood Way and Gresley Way.
It was there that both Fiestas stopped again and it is alleged one of the drivers threatened the other.
A man – since released on bail – was arrested in nearby Milestone Close on suspicion of dangerous driving and a public order offence in connection with the incident, but police are appealing for witnesses to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
PC Jody Perrin is investigating and said: “It is believed a member of the public stopped but they didn’t leave any details, so we’d like to identify them as soon as possible as they may have witnessed what happened.
“Likewise, we’d like to speak with anyone who witnessed any part of the incident. If you saw something, please come forward and speak with me.”
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
Anyone with any information can contact PC Perrin on police non-emergency number 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.