Mamma Mia Set to Help Seriously Ill Children
A charity event will be held on Thursday (March 5) to raise money to help children with life threatening liver disease. The Mamma Mia Night is being held at The Broadway Cinema in Letchworth GC in aid of the Children s Liver Disease Foundation (CLDF) and
A charity event will be held on Thursday (March 5) to raise money to help children with life threatening liver disease.
The Mamma Mia Night is being held at The Broadway Cinema in Letchworth GC in aid of the Children's Liver Disease Foundation (CLDF) and is the idea of Joanne Hardwick whose daughter was born with liver disease.
Mrs Hardwick, who lives on the Lordship estate in Letchworth GC, is hoping to raise over �2,000 at the special night with nearly all the tickets having already been sold.
Her daughter, Olivia, now seven, was born with the liver disease biliary atresia and had a liver transplant in June 2007 and is now a pupil at Lordship Farm School.
You may also want to watch:
"We are keen to give something back to the CLDF who helped us by holding an annual family conference and raise awareness of liver disease through providing education for front line health professionals such as midwives and health visitors.
"The Mamma Mia Night is going to be a fun-packed event and we aim to combine raising essential funds for this special children's charity whilst bringing ABBA mania to Letchworth GC.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
"We are grateful to The Broadway Cinema for their help with this event. As part of Big Yellow Friday, it will involve fundraising events nationwide with a yellow theme for the CLDF, kicks off with a red carpet reception with a complimentary drink and canap�s in the cinema's reception area.
There will also be a raffle with prizes including an iPod, mountain bike and champagne and a prize will also go to the best dressed dancing queen!