‘Malicious’ vandals smash Letchworth junior school window
- Credit: Archant
‘Malicious’ vandals smashed a juniors school’s window when they threw a brick through it.
The damage was caused between 8pm on Monday and 9.45am on Tuesday at the Grange Junior Mixed School in Sparhawk.
The offenders entered the school grounds and threw a brick through a glass panel on the roof of the greenhouse. The fencing around the building was also damaged.
PCSO Martin Barringer is investigating the incident and said: “The glass of the greenhouse is reinforced safety glass and so it probably would have taken a couple of hits to break it, meaning the person, or people, responsible was determined to cause malicious damage to school property.
“The damage caused is likely to have caused a loud noise, which someone in the area may remember hearing, if you do remember this please contact me. I would also like to hear from anyone who remembers seeing anyone or anything unusual or suspicious between the stated times.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact PCSO Barringer via Hertfordshire Constabulary’s non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference G2/14/1334. Alternatively call Crimestoppers, the independent charity, anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years