Making a meal of fun
A SCHOOL has taken a leaf out of Jamie Oliver s cookbook and decided to make cooking fun. St Mary s School in Aston has set up a food group committee which is chaired by Karl Bott who is a parent and head chef at Knebworth Barns. Mr Bott said: We decide
A SCHOOL has taken a leaf out of Jamie Oliver's cookbook and decided to make cooking fun.
St Mary's School in Aston has set up a food group committee which is chaired by Karl Bott who is a parent and head chef at Knebworth Barns.
Mr Bott said: "We decided that we needed to do something along the lines of what Jamie has done previously, but with a real focus on having fun and hopefully getting the children to help us get the parents involved."
The idea of the food group is to enable the children to taste new foods, show them how to eat healthily and tell them where and how fruit and vegetables grow.
You may also want to watch:
The group also wanted to get parents interested in the group so they held a food event where there were lots of different foods for the adults and children to try.
During the event the group held a Ready Steady Cook style event with a "cook off" between the school's deputy head Philip Gray and parent Graham Ellis.
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
The school also held a whole week of events to encourage children to get excited about food.