Make a date with Hitchin’s atmospheric calendar
- Credit: Archant
Saturday saw the launch of the new Hitchin Historical Society 2017 calendar in association with Hitchin Initiative – complete with images capturing iconic landmarks in the town.
More than 130 of the publications featuring black and white images of the town were purchased from Market Place on Saturday at a special offer price of £5.
Town centre manager Keith Hoskins said: “We’re extremely grateful to Hitchin Historical Society, photographer Andrew Hyde, and Dragon Print & Design.
“And to the various business sponsors for producing this black and white photographic art calendar of Hitchin for 2017.
“It’s available from Hitchin Initiative at 27 Churchyard, priced £6. All proceeds go to support the Christmas lights and summer flowers displays.”
You may also want to watch:
Chairman of the Historical Society Terry Knight told the Comet: “We like to do something a little different every year.
“We hope it sells well.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years
Pete Choo, the owner of Wilbury Way-based Dragon Print & Design which designed the calendar, added: “It’s a very atmospheric calendar.”
To purchase one visit Hitchin Initiative’s offices, or log on to Hitchin Historical Society’s website at www.hitchinhistoricals.org.uk.